Monday, January 18, 2016
Analysing and Explaining PUBLIC RELATIONS
Public Relations is a systematic and well planned effort or rather technique to influence opinions. Ideally, if we sit back and analyze the role of PR in an organization, it has to be developing the cordial relationship between an organization and its concerned Public. However to attain this, a PR practitioner has to employ and assume certain other roles to justify his job. He very well becomes a connection between his organization and audience. He most likely becomes the face of the organization. The way the organization is understood among its public depends all on the efforts a PR practitioner does while directing his communication.
Analysing a definition given By The British Institute of PUBLIC RELATIONS ”Public Relations is the deliberate, planned and sustained effort to establish and maintain relationship between an organization and its public”
PR is a deliberate exercise; How? Its well planned, intentional and systematic way of putting together the list of activities which would help organization to win the belief and earn a more positive image.
PR is a planned activity- How? It’s a collaboration of the decisions that has been made after analyzing what is required and when and most importantly how it has to be communicated.
PR is a sustained effort- How? PR is something that has to be there for the long time. No visibility means losing everything that has been earned after a well-planned exercise. To pitch it right and rather to ensure that it has a long time impact, make sure that it is frequently out there in the market.
A PR practitioner certainly plays following roles:
· Establishing relationship between an organization and its public.
· Pitching the message right.
· Handling and solving crisis situations.
· Analyzing Publics and formulating the message content accordingly.
· Building image, identity and reputation.
· Representing the organization as it is the only one ‘Best’ in the market.
· Help organization win the belief.
· Presenting organization in a lively and colorful manner.
· Getting the things right in all manner.
· Ensuring the smooth flow of communication
· Fostering positive relationships.