Monday, January 18, 2016
Explaining Events is a one difficult task. As easier the word sounds and seems, as difficult it is to explain. Anything and everything can be an event. It’s not necessary that every event has an objective. But the events which are managed specially while employing certain rules and techniques certainly have a well-defined objective. So I would rather say that Event management is a skill based practice. The more you have experimented with your skills, the more familiar you are with the potential risks and the outcomes.
Events can be referred as any occasion or gathering where people have gathered to share or celebrate any happening. Events are mostly organized for a particular purpose however sometimes the events are organized just to express an emotion or to get entertainment. While categorizing events, we can explain events from certain perspectives. On the bases of size, events can vary from small to Big to Grand events. On the bases of type, events can vary from sports to entertainment to business to so on. On the bases of context, events can vary from spreading awareness, to get education or to explain a phenomenon.
Ideally, Event Management is a process which gives identity to an otherwise vague concept of organizing an occasion. It is carefully analyzing, planning, executing, performing and evaluating the organized activity in a way that results in making an occasion more prominent, organized from all spheres, interesting and visible to the audience involved in it.
While managing an event, the role of event manager remains the most important. He has to take responsibility for very little minute detail and requirement at any point or at any time. If to list down the major responsibilities of an event manager, I would define it in the following points:
· He does the environment scanning by analyzing the situation.
· He plans for a process which would result in a better organized celebration.
· He executes the already planned event.
· He would hold the various people involved responsible for the coordination of step wise procedure.
· He would make sure that nothing is left unplanned.
· He would evaluate the outcomes of a planned exercise.
· He would take an account of everything required for the successful commencement of an event.
Public Relations is a systematic and well planned effort or rather technique to influence opinions. Ideally, if we sit back and analyze the role of PR in an organization, it has to be developing the cordial relationship between an organization and its concerned Public. However to attain this, a PR practitioner has to employ and assume certain other roles to justify his job. He very well becomes a connection between his organization and audience. He most likely becomes the face of the organization. The way the organization is understood among its public depends all on the efforts a PR practitioner does while directing his communication.
Analysing a definition given By The British Institute of PUBLIC RELATIONS ”Public Relations is the deliberate, planned and sustained effort to establish and maintain relationship between an organization and its public”
PR is a deliberate exercise; How? Its well planned, intentional and systematic way of putting together the list of activities which would help organization to win the belief and earn a more positive image.
PR is a planned activity- How? It’s a collaboration of the decisions that has been made after analyzing what is required and when and most importantly how it has to be communicated.
PR is a sustained effort- How? PR is something that has to be there for the long time. No visibility means losing everything that has been earned after a well-planned exercise. To pitch it right and rather to ensure that it has a long time impact, make sure that it is frequently out there in the market.
A PR practitioner certainly plays following roles:
· Establishing relationship between an organization and its public.
· Pitching the message right.
· Handling and solving crisis situations.
· Analyzing Publics and formulating the message content accordingly.
· Building image, identity and reputation.
· Representing the organization as it is the only one ‘Best’ in the market.
· Help organization win the belief.
· Presenting organization in a lively and colorful manner.
· Getting the things right in all manner.
· Ensuring the smooth flow of communication
· Fostering positive relationships.